Dead Sea Salt
Dead Sea Salt
Dead Sea Salt is considered to be the most therapeutic salt in the whole world. The ancient people of Canaan and the ancient Egyptians were the first to use it for healing purposes, and it has been utilised in various ointments, skin creams, and soaps since then.
People worldwide use this salt for its health benefits by adding it into their baths (creating a bath soak) or their body scrubs.
Dead Sea Salt Health benefits include:
- Increased minerals absorption, detoxification and stimulating blood circulation.
- Alleviation of the symptoms of Rheumatologic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Soothing skin disorders such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Allergy relief- The high concentration of bromide and magnesium in the Dead Sea Salt help relieve allergic reactions of the skin by reducing inflammation.
- Anti-ageing- Dead Sea salt may reduce the depth of skin wrinkling.
The unique composition of the Dead Sea water makes its salt more potent, as the Dead Sea lies 365.76 Meters below sea level. Over millions of years, the hot, dry air and the high evaporation rate have contributed to the high salt concentration present in the Dead Sea, making it one of the saltiest lakes in the world. Compared to ordinary seawater's 3% salt content, the Dead Sea water contains 32% salt with a relatively high concentration of twenty-one minerals such as magnesium, calcium, bromide, and potassium. Twelve of these minerals aren't found in any other sea or ocean in the world.
How can you use Dead Sea salt?
You can use the Dead Sea salt in your bath for soaking and scrubbing to enjoy its health benefits. Here is a link to some easy DIY recipes.
You can use the Dead Sea salt in your driftwood diffuser.
When using a salt diffuser, the salt carries the essential oil particles so that you can enjoy their benefits without the need for electricity or a lit candle. It is the healthiest and safest form of diffusing.